Tyler Union in Anniston, AL offers great opportunties, pay, and benefits!
Operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) or other machines to perform one or more functions on ductile iron work pieces.
Newly hired employees start at $16.07 per hour, moving to $18.90 per hour after 480 hours. We offer Company-paid medical insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short-term disability coverage, a Company-matched 401(K) plan, and ten (10) paid holidays. We offer employee-paid dental insurance. Employees are eligible for five (5) vacation days after six (6) months of continuous employment.
Tyler Union, a division of McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Follow all processes and procedures associated with the Tyler Union Safety Management Program. Advise management of any deviations from this program.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions for programming, set ups, and tooling.
· Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
· Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
· Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
· Verify and record first part inspections.
· Check to ensure that workpieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
· Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
· Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished workpiece dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
· Listen to machines during operations to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
· Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
· Must keep and maintain a neat and orderly workstation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Associates degree in a technical field or training in a vocational school preferred.
· Three to five years of related on-the-job experience required.
· Must complete CNC training to advance to a CNC Flange Machinist Level 2.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and WORK ACTIVITIES
· Knowledge required to perform this job includes mechanical; mathematics; design; computers and electronics; engineering and technology; and production and processing.
· Skills required to perform this job include operation monitoring; monitoring; critical thinking; quality control analysis; operation and control; complex problem solving; reading comprehension; active listening; judgment and decision making; and time management.
· Abilities required to perform this job include near vision; arm-hand steadiness; hearing sensitivity; problem sensitivity; reaction time; auditory attention; information ordering; control precision; and rate control.
· Work activities required to perform this job include controlling machines and processes; getting information; communicating with supervisors and peers; making decisions and solving problems; inspecting equipment, structures, and materials; handling and moving objects; identifying objects, actions, and events; monitor processes, materials, and surroundings; updating and using relevant knowledge; and interacting with computers.
· Physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body include climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling tools and materials.
· Must wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats.