Grow Tyler Union’s market share through specification efforts and by managing, maintaining and expanding existing distributor base while providing quality customer service in support of the sales and profitability goals for the assigned territory. Assist with technical questions and installation needs through superior product knowledge. This territory covers Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware.
• Develop strong communication networks and relationships with distributors, engineers, and municipalities.
• Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of distributors.
• Submit weekly reports to management highlighting market conditions.
• Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules, marketing techniques, etc.
• Participate in trade associations, including assisting with seminars, trade shows, and presentations.
• Focus on sales growth of multiple product lines.
• Communicate regularly with the Sales Manager to monitor needs/concerns within the territory and for allocation of resources.
• Prepares price quotations or bids based on knowledge of material and most recent market conditions.
• Perform various other miscellaneous sales and service related duties as directed by management
This position requires extensive travel throughout the territory, with approximately 75% travel and 25% working from home office. Suitable candidate will maintain a positive attitude and work well in a team environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications or marketing along with previous sales experience preferred
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and from a home office
• Must be willing to travel extensively
• Knowledge of the manufacturer/distributor supply chain process
• Sales experience in the water works industry is a plus
• Previous outside sales experience a must.
• Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong communication, organization and people skills
• Self-motivated, assertive individual who can thrive in a fast paced environment
• Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
• Ability to negotiate and close deals
• Presentation skills such as PowerPoint, Google Docs, etc.