Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments including outside vendors according to the production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules both internally and externally; conferring with department personnel, supervisors and vendors to determine progress of work and expected completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, and costs. Communicate lead times, delays and shortages to all appropriate personnel as required.
* Review and release work orders to generate production schedule.
* Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
* Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or sales orders, to determine materials requirements or material priorities.
* Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
* Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts both internally and externally to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
* Supervise and communicate work priorities with personnel, or confer with other department supervisors to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
* Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
* Confer with personnel, other departments, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
* Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
* Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
* Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma is required. Associate’s degree in a related field, completion of a vocational or technical school program or equivalent amount of education and experience.
* Two (2) to five (5) years of previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
* Strong communication and organizational skills to coordinate, supervise, manage, or train others to accomplish goals.
* Strong work ethic, integrity, and flexibility.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Microsoft Office Applications (Excel/Outlook) experience required.
* Microsoft Dynamics AX or ERP/MRP Software experience a plus.
* APICS certification/working knowledge of APICS principles preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and WORK ACTIVITIES
* Knowledge required to perform this job successfully includes but is not limited to production and processing; administration and management; mathematics; English language; customer and personal service; and clerical.
* Skills required to perform this job successfully include but is not limited to active listening; reading comprehension; speaking; time management; critical thinking; monitoring; writing; coordination; judgment and decision making; and complex problem solving.
* Abilities required to perform this job successfully include but are not limited to oral comprehension; oral expression; written comprehension; problem sensitivity; near vision; written expression; deductive reasoning; information ordering; speech recognition; inductive reasoning; speech clarity; category flexibility; and far vision.
* Work activities involved with this job include getting information; communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates; interacting with computers; making decisions and solving problems; monitoring processes, materials, and surroundings; identifying objects, actions, and events; organizing, planning, and prioritizing work; processing information; scheduling work and activities; analyzing data and information; documenting/recording information; judging the qualities of things, services, or people; estimating the quantifiable characteristics of products, events, or information; inspecting equipment, structures, or material; thinking creatively, establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships; updating and using relevant knowledge; monitoring and controlling resources; evaluating information to determine compliance with standards; training and teaching others; performing administrative activities; developing objectives and strategies; resolving conflicts and negotiating with others; coordinating the work and activities of others; developing and building teams; interpreting the meaning of information for others; and guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates.
* Physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body include climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, standing, stooping, and handling tools and materials.
* Must wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats.